April 2022 — Present
Tech lead for self-serve support engineering, helping build our roadmap, define processes, and enabling our team of engineers to build delightful support experiences.
Senior Software Engineer
May 2019 — April 2022
Individual contributor and technical leader for team responsible for engineering for customer support surfaces, including our direct support channels and support.stripe.com.
- Lead implementation of a multi-month project to rebuild support.stripe.com with both a refreshed visual design and entirely new React frontend
- Worked with partner teams on initiatives to both improve self-serve support opportunities and improve the quality of direct support with users
- Lead efforts to greatly increase security across a range of our support surfaces to protect both Stripe and Stripe’s users
May 2017 — May 2019
Set the architecture and technology roadmap for a small team of seven engineers. Participated in internal feature prioritization, provided mentorship and guidance to the engineering team, and lead development work for external partners.
- Created compiler and virtual machine for a novel programming language designed around authoring educational content with real time grading and assistive feedback
- Drove architecture and implementation of company’s next generation content management and machine learning backend leveraging NodeJS and Amazon Web Services
- Lead development efforts for external partnerships, delivering software and services at high quality directly leading to an increase in partner engagement
Senior Software Engineer
July 2015 — Sept 2016
Senior contributor to various parts of a machine-learning backed system for helping students navigation English language arts curriculum.
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Sept 2016 — May 2017
First SDET hired for virtual/augmented reality team. Lead engineering efforts to improve testability of engine code, both through individual contributions as well as educating team on test practices. Contributions lead to notable increases in efficiency and coverage for VR/AR test team.
- Implemented system for simulating VR/AR device input in a large game engine code base within a month of starting on team
- Consolidated disparate test scenarios and apps created by multiple testers into unified suite, leading to a dramatic reduction in time spent during test passes
- Helped test team incorporate test suite management tools and processes to improve efficiency of multi-device, multi-platform test passes across full range of VR/AR scenarios
Sept 2012 — July 2015
Independent contractor hired for a variety of projects, bringing both production and test engineering skills. Utilized diverse experience and ability to quickly learn and adapt to provide high value to multiple projects.
Software Engineer, Turn 10 Studios
- Authored tooling to enable studio architect and leads to easily switch between multiple Xbox One SDKs to enable experimentation and prototyping
- Wrote and maintained parts of a complex C++/C# AAA video game studio build pipeline
Software Engineer in Test, Radius Inc
- Lead small test team for enterprise iOS application, providing architecture and mentorship to junior engineers
- Wrote and supported a Ruby and Objective-C test architecture to enable engineers to write automated black-box tests of iOS app reliant on complex display and network input/output
March 2009 — Sept 2012
Engineer and tester for Zune HD, Xbox 360, and Xbox One products. Utilized multiple roles to learn skills in both product and test engineering. Took initiative to further expand responsibilities to include API design, program management, and partner engagement.
Software Engineer, Xbox Studios
- Successfully brought a struggling Xbox 360 app to ship in short time after being assigned to replace the original development partner
- Assisted an external partner in incorporating Xbox Live technology for Curiosity Mars Rover Xbox 360 game
- Implemented UI for real-time polling and results display for 2012 Election app on Xbox 360
Software Engineer in Test, Xbox Platform
- Coauthored test framework to support automated and manual testing of XNA Game Studio for Windows, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone
- Expanded role to include program management of the integration of Silverlight and XNA in Windows Phone 7.5, including API design and project management
- Volunteered for cross-discipline committee to help further independent game development causes within Microsoft
- Created and maintained coding guidelines and samples for XNA Game Studio developer education
Contract Software Engineer, Zune
- Sole engineer on a large number of games/apps for Zune HD
- Created UI framework used in first- and third-party apps, including Facebook and Twitter